Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Angry Romantic...


Dave is my friend from high school. We never were all that close but he was a good friend of the guy I dated and I always thought he was nice and really smart. As people do, we sort of reacquainted ourselves again via Facebook. Not a day passes, unless Dave's on strike, that he doesn't say something incredibly descriptive, very colorful, and heartfelt. Despite the fact that Dave categorizes himself as a misanthrope, he doesn't know that I call him my Angry Romantic friend, and he might actually like it... he does, however, know that I have started writing down/saving his comments. They're hilarious, angsty, and seriously Dave. 

Dave defines misanthropy as the natural allergic reaction had by an intelligent, thinking person when confronted by a world of tribalized, reactionary proto-humans.

Dave describes humble pie:  few things in life suck harder than having to ask a favor from someone you'd rather not talk to ever again.

Dave's car broke down and he's taking the bus to and from work

Dave's first bus ride:  12 hours later and i'm finally home...feels like i spent half the day on the bus, and the other half herding cats with a blindfold on and one hand tied behind my back while simultaneously trying to explain the higgs-boson to the cast of the jersey shore...lloyd, open a tab and pour me a double of whatever the guy on the floor is having.

Dave is still talking about the bus:  i've changed my mind - as of .0005 seconds ago, i would much rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me...

And continues to talk about the bus:  i've changed my mind again...just shoot me, as i'd hate to waste a perfectly good lobotomy.

Dave finds concert tickets:  just found out TOOL tickets are going for $50+ at the low end. hope that price includes the dirty talk and the bacon lube...

Dave hates his neighborhood and posts this on New Year's Eve.... ah, yes...the 1st gunshot of the night, let the parade of fools begin...


2 comments:

  1. Haha your entertaining!!

    thanks for the good read!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete