Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday What-to-do

It's Wednesday. Instead of joking about camels or complaining that it's not Friday, why not take action to make your life more positive? Wednesday What-to-do... 

The first step toward a more positive situation in your life, determine what is not serving you. What in your life is causing you pain? What is toxic? Is it a person? Is it a habit? 

When I first began to make changes in my life, to bring about a shift in my head and in my heart, I started with a small notebook that I filled with things I was grateful for. Every day I made it a practice that at bedtime, I'd spend 10 minutes with this little book to write down three things that I was thankful for. Some days that was pretty darned hard. But I had resolved to do it and I was determined. So one cold October evening I wrote, "I'm thankful for:  1) socks; 2) air; and 3) Q-tips." That day was a hard day. I made it through, but honestly, that day I could only find three inane things to be happy about. 

I think that's the biggest mistake that we make--if our life isn't perfect or exactly how we want then how can we be grateful? Well. I'll go you one better... if you can't find it in yourself to be grateful for socks, air, and Q-tips, why should you have anything else? Why should you get more if you can't appreciate what you have? You might think your life really sucks, but I can attest that it's probably not as bad as you think. It's not filled with failure or horrors... Maybe you didn't get what you want, but I've always found that getting what I want isn't always a good thing. Remember that old adage of, "Be careful what you wish for"? So, instead of freaking out that your life isn't what you want it to be, appreciate what it is, what it's given you so far, and know that there's probably a really good reason that you've only got socks, air, and Q-tips for the moment. 

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment