Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Meditation Monday!

I read a quote once that went something like, "But teacher, I don't have time to meditate for ten minutes a day!" and the teacher replied, "Then meditate for an hour!" 

I always thought of that as a personal challenge. If you can't carve out ten minutes, how the hell would you carve out an entire hour? At the same time, isn't just ten minutes the bare minimum? Shouldn't you be starting with the hour and then happy with ten minutes? I don't know the answer. I think the answer must be quite personal. 


What do you meditate on? I usually have an idea in mind, a goal, or an affirmation, but usually my brain decides that there's something else I hadn't considered. Often I get ideas when I'm trying to still my mind. I get inspiration for artwork, stories, or even peaceful feelings. Once I was thinking about my friend who had passed away a couple of years ago. During meditation that evening, I suddenly felt peaceful and serene. I think the universe was sending me a message... sometimes, when you work really hard to stay in that moment, to come back to your breath, it pays to just let your mind take a walk for a moment.

I hope you can make 10 minutes -- or an hour -- for yourself. 

Namaste  ॐ

No comments:

Post a Comment