Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lessons for a Tuesday...

I've had a hell of a morning. I got up a little late because the wind kept the cats up acting crazy (my feral cats that I feed in my yard so they keep away the vermin). Well when you're feeding crazy cats that now think you're their mom, or at least their benefactor, they hang around your house. Not really a problem, but we've had super heavy winds and the wind gets them frenzied or something. They were out chasing each other meowing and mewing and whatever else all night last night. This fascinates my dog. He has to jump on the back of the sofa (he's a chihuahua) to survey and observe. All night. Every hour or so.

This morning, I'm exhausted. I kept waking up when he would move and run over to the window... I took his collar off. I still woke up. All night long. Then overslept my alarm/snoozy thing. Typical. Damnit. So, I speed through our routine, cutting his walk short (he got plenty of exercise last night!) and get myself out the door nearly on time. Yay me.

As I get in the car, I realize that I have to get gas. Damn. So I stop at the local place just so I don't have to worry about it later. Well, the freakin' cut off valve is broken on that pump, so despite me standing right there it spewed gas everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHH

There were several people outside just staring at me like, Wow. And I tell the gal working there but she just sort of looked at me like I was speaking Swahili. I don't speak Swahili, but I could have been. Damn.

So I clean myself up, my car up, as best I can with a few paper towels by the window washing station and open all the windows despite the 38 degrees we had going on and get my butt to work. I fretted about the environmental impact of the spill and the fact that the station won't do anything about it even if I called and made a big deal about it. My community in southeast Arizona is wonderfully and terribly permissive. But I digress....

I reek of gasoline.
My favorite Dansko clogs are probably ruined...
All I can smell is gas.
I could have been early had I skipped my showering. Not that it matters... all I can smell is gas.
Sigh. hahahahha what a mess!

Anyway, so I'm now at work, writing this, sipping my cup of tea, smelling my nasty ass clogs and chuckling to myself. Lessons. We have all these lessons we have to learn. They never come easy. We never see them for what they are when we're receiving them, but man... do we learn!

I was reminded of this, yet again...

Yesterday, I saw this on the Buddhist Boot Camp Facebook page:
It is said that the universe works in mysterious ways, and it's true: when you pray for strength, you end up in situations that require you to be stronger; if you pray for wisdom, then you're given challenging problems to solve; and if it's patience you want, well.. guess what? You'll constantly be put in situations where you have to wait :)

My lesson for today is never take technology for granted, it often doesn't work when you need it to and you should know what to do if it doesn't. My lesson for today is despite how helpful I am, that doesn't mean others are. Know how to help yourself and don't resent those who aren't able to help you. This isn't their lesson, it's yours. My lesson for today is always bring a spare pair of shoes and don't become so attached to things. They'll be gone or ruined before you know it. My lesson for today is never assume that being mindful and attentive will prevent mishaps. They still happen. 

What are your lessons?  

No comments:

Post a Comment