Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

What do you suck at???

This was today's "Burning Question" over at Danielle LaPorte's blog and I thought I'd open up, too. It's tough when you try to be positive and uplifting to be vulnerable and share what you stress about or judge yourself for, but honestly, to learn more about self-acceptance, this is a great exercise. 

I suck at... housework. OH MY GAWD!!! My house is always cluttered, always chaotic. I'm working on this but I judge myself about it a lot. 

I suck at... staying on task. I don't believe I have the formal attention deficit problems that many people really struggle with, so it's not that. It is more that I have so many ideas racing through my head at any one given time that it's tough for me to just stay with one. I do well in small classes because I can keep focused on the teacher or professor and their message, but I don't do well in large lectures or any situation where I'm not required to actually participate or in work settings that aren't flexible with how I actually spend my time. 

I suck at... joining. I get frustrated with formal committees and clubs or organizations that have meetings. I also get frustrated in meetings. They typically are just forums for one or two people to talk about stuff I don't care about. Just make a decision about that and send me an email, thanks. 

I suck at... money management. I admit it, this is a real struggle for me. I've found some tools to help me lately but overall this is a horribly difficult thing for me to do. And I judge myself for it all the time.

I can't believe how hard that was for me to write. I did it, now, and it's out there. So now I can focus on what's right and work on the things I really need to do. 

Peace, Love, and tough questions... 

No comments:

Post a Comment