Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Choices...

If you knew that something worked to solve a problem you had, why wouldn't you try it? Say you have a terrible upset stomach and indigestion and you are suffering. If all it took was a teaspoon of vinegar diluted into an 8 ounce glass of water to fix you within 10 minutes... or suffer for hours with nausea, acid, general feeling of yuck. Why won't you try it? What can it hurt? Even if you dislike the flavor or smell of vinegar, why wouldn't you try it if it could help?

Last night I had terrible indigestion. I had eaten something I thought was healthy, but it did not agree with my body. I joked with my friend that healthy food wasn't good for an old body that was only used to bad food... she told me that if I mixed a teaspoon of cider vinegar into a glass of cool water and drank it, then I'd feel better. I laughed, "Yeah right! No thanks! Yuck!"

If there is a better way why do we resist?

I've heard it all... nothing tastes as good as skinny feels... feed your body and your soul but leave out the processed stuff...

Frankly, I love some processed foods. Keebler Cheese crackers with peanut butter, Ore Ida Tater Tots,  and Reese's Peanut Butter cups will win out every time. But why do we make those choices, even when we know that an organic salad with some cut fruit is a much healthier and maybe even tastier alternative? Is it laziness or possibly just habit? 

I'd like to know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment